Get the look: Elegant Grey Bedroom
Without a doubt grey is one of the major interior colour trends at the moment and I can completely see why - it's versatile, crisp and can be really stunning in so many different schemes or settings.
Given all that grey has going for it, I've created a 'Get the look' post to show you how you can create your very own calm and elegant grey bedroom just like this. This is a beautiful bedroom and one of my favourite things about it (aside from the stunning shade of grey) is the use of white painted floorboards. So often we rush into covering up our floorboards with wall to wall carpets and forget how beautiful natural floorboards can be either in their raw form or with a simple uplift.
- Portofino Bed in classic velvet french grey - next home - from€673
- Round gold mirror - Harvey Norman -€80
- Belgravia rectangle cushion - the white company - £30
- Belgravia quilt - the white company - from £190
- Savoy bed linen - the white company - from £100
- White curtains - next home - from €55 -€96
- White fine wood frame - the white company - £35
- Large hydrangea mix - next home -€89
- Beatrice chandelier - Marks & Spencer - £199
As with anything that becomes fashionable we want to be mindful not to commit to a trend that will be over before we know it or one we'll look back in five years and say 'what was I thinking?!'. Thankfully, grey is an incredibly useful colour and is unlikely to become dated any time soon.
The other beauty of this shade is it's versatility: grey can be warm or it can be cool, it can be used in a contemporary scheme but equally in a traditional design. Grey can help to create the desired mood for a particular room - it can be either dramatic or subtle in the overall design scheme. So with all this going for it I think you can rest assured that this colour craze is here to stay a while!