Scandi Style: Get the Look
Not only are the Scandinavian race a genetically beautiful one, but they also seem to have an innate flare for beautiful design. I must confess I have a newfound obsession with the stunning, simplistic style of Scandinavian interiors. One of the things I love most about the Scandi look is that it’s clean and crisp and that it celebrates natural, raw materials and true craftsmanship. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t want a bright, airy living space, flooded with natural light, yet still bang on trend and oozing charm?!
I love the fresh, simple look of this gorgeous Scandinavian style living room from dailydreamdecor and so I’ve used this picture as my inspiration for this, my first ever ‘Get the look’ post.
So if like me, you're a fan of this clean and simplistic look, feast your eyes on the collection of stylish pieces below to find out how you can replicate this stunning Scandi style...
1. Sofa: IKEA EKTORP corner sofa in Stenasa White – €1,075
2. Wishbone Chair – ZinZan Hans Wegner Wishbone Chair – €155
3. Jug: Marks and Spencers Olivia Lace Jug – €47.50
4. h&m cushion cover – £3.99
5. Meadows and Byrne Grey Tuck Pleat Grey Cushion 50 x 50 – €44.95
6. h&m Grey Velvet Cushion cover £6.99
7. h&m Pink Boucle cushion cover – £7.99
8. Harvey Norman fusion coffee table – €199
9. Habitat double grey metal twin head floor lamp- £50 – available from homebase
10. IKEA Smycka artifical flowers – €3.50
11. h&m gold candlestick holder – £6.99
*I took some creative license with the accessories for this design and included a gorgeous pastel pink cushion from h&m, one or two coloured cushions will add a great hint of colour to the design, while keeping the cool, subtle style of the overall design. The cushion is also available in a lovely shade of mustard yellow (see here) which would also work perfectly. h&m home is an excellent site, full of trendy homeware at amazingly reasonable prices, but unfortunately they don’t deliver to Ireland yet. However you can still easily avail of all they have to offer with the help of the parcel motel virtual UK delivery address. Find out more athttp://www.parcelmotel.com/services/.
Let me know what you think of the Scandinavian style? Is it one you’d like to try?
Or if you have a different style of room that you are dying to replicate but don’t know where to start, send me your dream room on the contact page and I’ll do my very best to help you get the look you’re longing for!