At My Kitchen Table: Strawberry Coconut Froyo
Summer days have a very special way of getting me craving all the wrong sort of stuff. Sweet, sugary ice-creams are oh so hard to resist this time of year but ever since I discovered froyo I've found a friend for life! My sweet cravings have been completely satisfied in a much healthier fashion by this clever little invention.
And this strawberry coconut froyo is one of my favourite healthy treats lately. If like me, you're fond of a little sweetness and need a sweet treat after dinner or as a mid-day snack this froyo is not going to let you down. And it's pretty much guilt free!
You Will Need:
- 1 punnet of Strawberries
- Juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 400g Natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon of good vanilla extract
- Mix all of the ingredients, bar the desiccated coconut in a food processor unit smooth.
- Add the desiccated coconut to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the contents of the mix into an ice cream maker for approx. 30 minutes.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker you can freeze the mixture for approx. 3-4 hours in a container. You will need to mix it every hour or so to break any crystals that begin to form.
- Serve with toppings like coconut, fresh summer berries or if you're looking for something colourful some sprinkles will do just nicely (a little sugar never hurt anyone!).